BRADLEY J. PARRISH
The works of internationally renowned artist, Bradley J. Parrish, are synonymous with beauty, feeling, innovation, and perfection. As a young boy, born and raised in Wisconsin, this self-taught artist showed exemplary talent selling his first paintings publicly at the age of six. His work was reproduced and sold as early as elementary school. He was one of the youngest art students ever to be accepted and attend an accredited college at the age of 14 years old. While in high school Parrish continued to excel, receiving many awards for his work, both locally and on a national level. It is estimated that over the years Parrish has produced thousands of works of art. The countless hours of hard work, perfecting his art, have led to many awards and achievements that have been unsurpassed and evident of his never ending dedication to his art.
Diversity in subject matter has been both his strength and a necessary source of inspiration. With a multitude of interests and loves, he works in pastel, oil, watercolor, and acrylic, always striving to stimulate and evoke freshness in his work. In addition to his acclaimed works on canvas, he is also a gifted sculptor.
Parrish, who is also an award winning architectural and interior designer, writer, illustrator and inventor feels these interests have been, throughout the years, instrumental in shaping his life, his career and most of all his art. He attributes his love of life and all that it encompasses as being an art form itself. His passion and diversity in creating great works of art are drawn from the well of inspiration found in all facets of life.
With many sold out limited editions, Parrish's works are collected the world over. His piece entitled The Creation of Adam, done in pastel when the artist was 15 years old, is part of the permanent collection of the Vatican Museum in Rome, Italy. His works reside in other major collections across the United States including such award winning works as his piece titled Another Day of Freedom which hangs in the base of the Statue of Liberty and is a part of the museums permanent collection of the Statue of Liberty National Monument in New York. His work has toured the United States most prestigious museums, including the Smithsonian and the Leigh Yawkey Woodson Museum. His pieces have sold for as much as $200,000.00 each. His works have appeared in numerous hard cover books and publications; everything from college textbooks to coffee table books. The artist and his work has been showcased in trade publications, magazines and newspapers nationwide. Parrish and his art have also appeared on television stations such as the A&E and the Discovery Channel.
Over the years Parrish has been asked to lecture around the country. While he has done so on a limited basis, Parrish feels more comfortable behind an easel than in front of it. He makes every attempt at accepting and receiving awards for his accomplishments and contributions for his art and has taken his own innovative initiatives in promoting and bringing fine art to the forefront of today’s society.
He has contributed hundreds of thousands of dollars of his art throughout his career to many charitable organizations he truly believes in. He has raised significant amounts of money through his art to help those he believes have had and will continue to have the greatest impact on all of our lives. He has helped the sick, the underprivileged and contributed a great deal over the years to conservation and wildlife organizations. Parrish over the years has also been asked to be the featured Master Artist for the local annual on air Public Broadcasting Station or (PBS) art auction, which he accepted. He wanted to give back to what he states was instrumental programming that was a vast knowledge base for him in both the arts and in education during his mid to late childhood years. This before cable television was born. He was presented an on air award for breaking all records for the sales of his work and having singularly raising more money than any other featured artist before him. The Milwaukee PBS channel is one of the largest and most successful on air auctions in the country rising over a million dollars in a ten day period. Parrish has been acknowledged by PBS as the sole reason they have achieved and exceeded the million dollar goal each year he has been the featured artist. Parrish was asked back again twice since his last record breaking appearance and on both occasions broke his own records by major proportion each time, raising almost a quarter of a million dollars on his work alone after his last appearance.
Parrish's popularity is a tribute to his endless pursuit to produce works that inspire and bring more than an image to viewers. He seeks to reach for and touch not only the eye, but the very heart of the viewer. Parrish exhibits a sensitivity and love for all aspects of life. In his words;
"I believe I was given this gift in life to develop, nurture, and produce works of art that give a true meaning to the words fine art. I seek to give to those who view my work more than just an understanding of my subject, but rather a feeling and closeness that reaches beyond the surface and touches that which is inside us all."
The works of Bradley J. Parrish extend beyond all boundaries, giving us a new appreciation of ourselves and of art. He has and will continue to show us power, tenderness, happiness, and sorrow through his art. Most of all, he reveals his commitment to excellence in his pursuit to convey his love of life and all that is in it.
Bradley J. Parrish
Painter, Sculpture, Inventor, Illustrator, Graphic/Interior & Architectural Designer are but a few of the professional hats that Brad Parrish has worn over his vast 40 plus year career. Winning many awards for his works throughout his life. His first and greatest love "His Art", is what we focus in on and list here below with those milestone and accomplishments this artist has been bestowed upon him up to this date of late. The milestones and the accolades listed below do not include the many awards and accomplishments the artist has been fortunate to have bestowed upon him over the past thirty plus years. Those listed below are but a brief but significant list of those major achievements made by the artist during his life.
- 2016, Brad's Christmas painting titled "North Pole Express" selected for the front page of his hometown newspaper the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel sunday paper on December 25th. Click here for more info.
- 2016, Brad's painting titled "Still Water" was chosen by ARC Art Renewal Center as a winner in this years annual international "Salon" fine art competition. It is the most prestigious realist art competition in the Americas and perhaps the world. Those artist's selected the best of the best will be included in ARC's soon to be published international catalog. This year they had 1,006 finalist works by 640 artists from 63 countries, representing 32% of works submitted.
- 2016, Brad's Plein Air painting titled "The Gardner's Old Friend" which was painted in June during the Cedarburg artist's Guild annual competition held in Cedarburg Wisconsin received the Juror's Choice Award. The competition this year yielded 150 artist and over 500 paintings entered.
- 2016, Famed French musical producer Philippe Barreau of CITYPROD in France, contacted Brad wanting to license his image of "Cosette" to use as their main image for their new production of Les Miserable's. Brad was inspired by renowned master writer Victor Hugo when creating this moving painting. Brad agreed to license his image of his beautiful little Cosette to CITYPROD as the main image for this magnificent musical production. The national French tour will include Paris and numerous other cities in France beginning in 2017. To visit their website go to: www.lesmiserablesenconcert.com To view Brad's painting of little Cosette Click Here.
- 2015, Three of Brad’s paintings were chosen from over 2500 entries worldwide to be featured in the 2014/2015 Art Renewal Center or “ARC” international Salon catalog. Several of Brad’s works have taken top honors on two separate occasions over the years when he had entered this competition which also showcased his work in previous ARC Salons international competition catalogs as well, works such as “Creation of Heaven & Earth”, “Passing Showers” and “Whispers of Love”. The three Parrish recent paintings that were selected by this year’s panel of judges are “Creation of Heaven & Earth II”, also “Cedar in Silhouette” and “Creation”.
- 2013, Brad began writing his 5th book (Daily Journals) a little over 3 years after starting them. This is series of five journals consisting of 1800 pages each or 9000 pages of his experiences through his words and drawings.
- 2013, Featured artist at the OPEF (Oconomowoc Public Education Foundation) annual fundraising ball and auction at the Olympia Resort: Hotel, Spa and Conference Center in Oconomowoc, Wisconsin. Brad did a an on stage performance as the Phantom of the Opera and donated a large oil painting that he painted especially for this performance. A painting of "Christine" valued at $60,00.00.
- 2012, Brad begins keeping a daily journal documenting those miracles that began incurring in his life.
- 2012, Parrish writes & Illustrates his children s book "The Lamplighter"
- 2011, Brad creates his own charitable foundation called the Lamplighter Foundation to help families who are losing their homes through foreclosure.
- 2010, Art collector purchases major Parrish original titled "Creation of Heaven & Earth"
- 2007, Brad is the recipient of the ARC (Art Renewal Center) Solon Competition International Fine Art Award.
- 2006, Brad is awarded by the Cedarburg Artist's Guild in their annual Plein Art Competition.
- 2006, Brad is the recipient of the ARC (Art Renewal Center) Solon Competition International Fine Art Award.
- 2004, Parrish starts and completes 1000 square foot mural titled A Labor of Love.
- 2004, Parrish unveils MOUSEKING to the world and Releases the Parrish Holiday Card Collection in New York City.
- 2003 PBS Televised Art Auction - Featured Master Collection Artist.
- 2001-2002, Parrish Creates MOUSEKING to exclusively reproduce sell and distribute fine art cards and other printed material to the world.
- 1999-2000, The Parrish Collection is released worldwide.
- 1999 International Film & Video Festival Award - Award of Creative Excellence for The Parrish Collection Video and Film Production
- 1999, Featured Master Artist for the Rogers Memorial Hospital Foundation.
- 1999, PBS Televised Art Auction - Encore Century Collection Artist for 1999.
- 1999 Bradley J. Parrish named one of the 10 Most Intriguing People in the art industry by U.S. Art Magazine (February 1999)
- 1998, Bradley J. Parrish's print Cosette - Selected by U.S. Art Magazine as one of the Top 50 Prints of 1998.
- 1998 Birds In Art Award- Leigh Yawkey Woodson Art Museum
- 1998, Timber Wolf Alliance Featured Artist - Wolf Awareness Week 1998
- 1996, Birds In Art Award - Leigh Yawkey Woodson Art Museum
- 1996, Wildlife The Artists View Award - Leigh Yawkey Woodson Art Museum
- 1994, Artist of the Year - Southern Maryland Wildlife Festival
- 1994, Southern Maryland Governor's Award of Excellence
- 1994, The Best of Wildlife U.S. Art - Most Versatile Artist
- 1993, Birds In Art - Leigh Yawkey Woodson Museum
- 1990, Artist Magazine - Award of Excellence (Wildlife)
- 1990, Artist Magazine - Award of Excellence (Portraiture)
- 1990, PBS Televised Art Auction - Century Collection Artist
- 1989, Milwaukee Magazine - The Most Interesting People of
- 1989, Arts For The Parks Award of Excellence
- 1988, Arts For The Parks Award of Excellence
- 1985, RCA Design Award - New York
- 1979, Brad begins work at "International Design Associates" in Chicago designing palace's for Sheiks in Saudi Arabia, Designing restaurants and hotels across the nation.
- 1978, Brad begins designing commercial buildings for Schallock & Peterson nationwide.
- 1977 Brad is hired as a Artist/Designer by Conrad Schmidt Studios where he designs Alters, Stained Glass & Sculptures for Churches all over the world. Sculptures that Brad designed here in the United States that would be built by the famed sculptures in Europe and shipped worldwide.
- 1974, Brad begins painting a 12' x 40' mural on his high school gym wall. Including a a 5' hawk on the basketball court.
- 1974, Brad is hired by Community Newspapers as an illustrator for all their newspaper publications in southeastern Wisconsin.
- 1973, Brad is hired by Liturgical Publications designing and illustrating all of their printed material.
- 1973, Milwaukee Journal/Sentinel Bronze Palette Award
- 1973, Brad continues to take summer classes and receives college credits while in Middle School.
- 1973, Brad is accepted into Alverno College where he take art classes during the summer and receives college credits while still in eighth grade.
- 1972. Brad paints the "Creation of Adam" on his mothers kitchen floor for the international art competition "Works on Paper" put on by The Chicago Art Institute. (Read more about this piece here).
- 1972, Milwaukee Journal/Sentinel Award
- 1971, Brad begins working on his first stone sculpture, "John the Baptist".
- 1968, Brads first commission portrait in pastel of a friend of a relative.
- 1967, At the age of nine, Brad's box of 10 paintings (Pastels) are stolen from his grade school locker and never found.
- 1963, Brad wins his first "Best of Show" award at the school art fair.
- 1962, First known work of art that Brad had sold to someone. (A drawing of a neighbors dog).
- 1960, Age three. The earliest time Brads parents noticed Brads love to draw.
- 1958, Artist Bradley J. Parrish is born in Milwaukee Wisconsin to Mary Ann & James D. Parrish. He is born in the same hospital and at approximately the same time that his mother's father who lies in a bed a floor above them passes away.
Parrish is one of, if not the youngest artist ever to enter college where he was accepted at Alverno College at the age of 14 for accredited art courses.
Another Day of Freedom – Part of the Permanent Collection of the Statue of Liberty National Monument
At the age of 15, painted The Creation of Adam – which resides in the Vatican in Rome, (Piece was recognized as best of show for an international art competition entitled “Works on Paper – for The Chicago Art Institute)
Parrish’s art was selected and licensed to the National Museum of History
The Milwaukee Athletic Club commissioned Parrish to paint a 5’ x 9’ original to be the focal point in their Grand Ballroom.
Works published by: Mill Pond Press, National Wildlife Foundation, White Door Publishing, Lang Cards, Burton Cotton, Collector Plate Collection by The Bradford Exchange.
Arts for the Parks; 1988 and 1989 – artwork toured the nation with viewing at major museums including The Smithsonian.
Featured Master Artist for PBS 1990, 1992, 1999
Selected winner of The Artist’s View Leigh Yawkey Woodson Art Museum 1989
Bradley J. Parrish’s art has been published in articles in trade publications and books including:
Wildlife Art by Alan Singer.
Best of Wildlife Art by Rachel Rubin Wolf.
Looking Out, Looking In (College Text Book – Cosette Image and Text)
Complete Guide to Paper Casting Arnold Grummer.
Phantom Of The Opera by Carrie Hernandez.
One Man or Group Showings of Parrish’s Original Works
Cedarburg Strawberry Festival - 2016 Plein Air Artist's Guild annual competition held in Cedarburg, Wisconsin
Cedarburg Strawberry Festival - 2014 Plein Air Artist's Guild annual competition held in Cedarburg, Wisconsin
2013 Featured artist at the OPEF (Oconomowoc Public Education Foundation) annual fundraising ball and auction.
Cedarburg Strawberry Festival - 2009 Plein Art Competition - Cedarburg, Wisconsin
Cedarburg Strawberry Festival - 2008 Plein Art Competition - Cedarburg, Wisconsin
Cedarburg Strawberry Festival - 2007 Plein Art Competition - Cedarburg, Wisconsin
Cedarburg Strawberry Festival - 2006 Plein Art Competition - Cedarburg, Wisconsin
2003 - PBS Art Auction - WMVS Featured Master Artist - Milwaukee, Wisconsin
PBS Televised Art Auction - Encore Century Collection Artist for 1999
1998 - Birds in Art - Leigh Yawkey Woodson Art Museum - Wausau, Wisconsin
1997 - National Museum of Wildlife Art-Jackson, Wyoming
1997 - Dayton Museum of Natural History - Dayton, Ohio
1997 - James Ford Bell Museum of Natural History - Minneapolis, Minnesota
1996 - Birds in Art, Leigh Yawkey Woodson Art Museum - Wausau, Wisconsin
1996 - The Artist's View - Leigh Yawkey Woodson Art Museum - Wausau, Wisconsin
1995 - Long Grove Gallery - Long Grove, Illinois
1994 - New Mexico Museum of Natural History & Science - Albuquerque, New Mexico
1994 - Museum of the Rockies, Montana State University- Bozeman, Montana
1994 - Germanton Gallery - North Carolina
1994 - Big Horn Galleries - Carmel, California
1994 - Gallery I - Delafield, Wisconsin
1993 - Howard/Mandville Gallery - Kirkland, Washington
1993 - Birds in Art - Leigh Yawkey Woodson Art Museum - Wausau, Wisconsin
1993 - Amann's Gallery - Wauwatosa, Wisconsin
1993 - Dovetail Gallery- Egg Harbor, Wisconsin
1992 - Mader's Gallery- Milwaukee, Wisconsin
1992 - PBS Art Auction - WMVS Century Collection Artist - Milwaukee, Wisconsin
1992 - Millpond Press - Venus, Florida
1992 - Gallery One - Mentor, Ohio
1991 - GalleryJamel -Waldorf, Maryland
1991 - The Frame Shoppe & Gallery, Kenosha, Wl
1990 - Rochester Museum & Natural History - Rochester, New York
1990 - PBS Art Auction - WMVS Century Collection Artist - Milwaukee, Wisconsin
1990 - Anchorage Museum & History Art - Anchorage, Alaska
1990 - The R.W. Norton Art Gallery - Shreveport, Louisiana
1990 - Landmark's Gallery - Milwaukee, Wisconsin
1990 - Cincinnati Museum of Natural History - Cincinnati, Ohio
1990 - Wildlife of the American West Museum -Jackson Hole, Wyoming
One Man Show 1990 - The Crystal Swan Gallery - Greendale, Wisconsin
1989 - Birds in Art - Leigh Yawkey Woodson Art Museum - Wausau, Wisconsin
1989 - Copper Smith Gallery - Milwaukee, Wisconsin
1989 - Lakeview Museum of Arts & Sciences - Peoria, Illinois
1989 - Roger Tory Peterson Institute of Natural History - Jamestown, New York
1989 - Rockwell Museum - Corning, New York
Wildlife of the American West Museum – Jackson Hole, WY
The Smithsonian Institution - Washington, D.C.
Roger Tory Peterson Institute of Natural History - Jamestown, New York
Rockwell Museum - Corning, New York
Colorado Springs Fine Arts Center - Colorado Springs, Colorado
Neville Public Museum of Brown County - Green Bay, Wisconsin
Lakeview Museum of Arts & Sciences – Peoria, Illinois
The R.W. Norton Art Gallery – Shreveport, Louisiana
Landmark’s Gallery – Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Cincinnati Museum of Natural History – Cincinnati, Ohio
Gallery One – Mentor, Ohio
Rochester Museum & Natural History - Rochester, New York
Anchorage Museum & History Art – Anchorage, Alaska
Mader’s Gallery – Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Long Grove Gallery - Long Grove, Illinois
Germanton Gallery - North Carolina
Leigh Yawkey Woodson Art Museum - Wausau, Wisconsin
Gallery Jamel – Waldorf, Maryland
Copper Smith Gallery – Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Dovetail Galley – Egg Harbor, Wisconsin
Howard/Mandville Gallery – Kirkland, Washington
Big Horn Galleries – Carmel, California
Gallery I - Delafield, Wisconsin
Dayton Museum of Natural History – Dayton, Ohio
James Ford Bell Museum of Natural History – Minneapolis, MN
Crystal Swan Gallery - Greendale, Wisconsin
National Museum of Wildlife Art – Jackson, Wyoming
Dayton Museum of Natural History – Dayton, Ohio
Amann’s Gallery – Wauwatosa, Wisconsin
National Museum of Wildlife Art – Jackson, Wyoming
New Mexico Museum of Natural History and Science – Albuquerque, New Mexico
Museum of the Rockies – Bozeman, Montana
Galleries Selling Parrish’s Fine Art Reproduction
The number of galleries that have purchased and sold Parrish’s fine art reproductions is 2600 galleries worldwide based on the publishing houses dealer lists and does not include internet based galleries and or auction houses.